Electric bills are up; energy efficiency funding is down. What's wrong here?
Even though APS and TEP recently had rate increases approved by the Arizona Corporation Commission, they have failed to maintain adequate opportunities for ratepayers to save money.
Please ask the Arizona Corporation Commission to restore and increase funding for energy efficiency programs.
A couple sentences in your own words can make a real impact. Below are some suggested points. We encourage you to be respectful.
INTRODUCE YOURSELF & EXPLAIN YOUR PURPOSE
- Thank the Chairman and the Commissioners for the opportunity to provide comment. Let Commissioners know if you are an APS or TEP customer.
- Provide any other details you think might be helpful: where you work, if you're a parent, veteran, business owner, etc.
- Ask the Commissioners to prioritize energy efficiency in the 2018 Demand Side Management Plans.
PICK A TALKING POINT(S) BELOW (BUT PLEASE PUT IN YOUR OWN WORDS)
- Now is the perfect time to invest more in energy efficiency. Rates for APS and TEP customers recently went up. We're entering the hottest months of the year and many Arizona families and businesses are getting hit by high electric bills. People need more tools to control costs.
- Energy efficiency programs are cost effective. It is less expensive to provide people with rebates and tools to save energy than it is to build and operate more power plants.
- Energy efficiency creates jobs. Energy efficiency jobs typically pay well, are local, and are in hands-on fields like installation, so they cannot be easily outsourced. When we invest in energy efficiency, we invest in local businesses, we invest in our economy, and we invest in Arizona.
THANK THE COMMISSIONERS & REMIND THEM TO PRIORITIZE ENERGY EFFICIENCY.